My weekend at the Frequent Traveler University in Los Angeles (#FTULAX) was a great experience! I got to meet many other miles and points and travel bloggers and other avid travel nuts. Some highlights include:
- Got upgraded to a junior suite at the Radisson after they gave me a room with someone already in it. This stay also got me a free night with the Club Carlson BOGO promotion.
- Sessions with View from the Wing, One Mile at a Time, Million Mile Secrets, Frequent Miler & MileValue to learn more about mileage runs, earning miles & points from reload cards/bluebird, adding free one way tickets on award flights, and other helpful and secret travel tips.
- Randy Petersen “sold himself” twice to travelers for charity.
- The Sheraton where the event was held had a water pipe break so no water or facilities during the day, however, guests were compensated with points.
- Many people went to In-and-Out Burger #animalstyle where we were able to view planes flying right above us…way cool!
- The Mr. Pickles met PointsEnvy but paparazzi unable to capture the moment.
- TravelBloggerBuzz suggested starting Frequent Ranting University (FRU) which I think you will get a kick out of.
It’s settled, I’m going to the FTU in VA/DC because I know it will be memorable and I will get to meet others that were not able to attend this one. See y’all there!